Flatness： 0.1 wave maximum
Surface quality at 5X：20-10
Yb:YAG is one of the most promising laser-active materials and more suitable for diode-pumping than the traditional Nd-doped systems. Compared with the commonly used Nd:YAG crsytal, Yb:YAG crystal has a much larger absorption bandwidth to reduce thermal management requirements for diode lasers, a longer upper-laser level lifetime, three to four times lower thermal loading per unit pump power. Yb:YAG crystal is expected to replace Nd:YAG crystal for high power diode-pumped lasers and other potential applications.
Yb:YAG shows great promise as a high power laser material. Several applications are being developed in the field of industrial lasers, such as metal cutting and welding. With high quality Yb:YAG now available, additional fields and applications are being explored.
Advantages of Yb:YAG Crystal
● Very low fractional heating, less than 11%
● Very high slope efficiency
● Broad absorption bands, about 8nm@940nm
● No excited-state absorption or up-conversion
● Conveniently pumped by reliable InGaAs diodes at 940nm(or 970nm)
● High thermal conductivity and large mechanical strength
● High optical quality
With a wide pump band and excellent emission cross-section Yb:YAG is an ideal crystal for diode pumping.
High Output Power 1.029 1mm
Laser Material for Diode Pumping
Materials Processing, Welding and Cutting
Back to top